Saturday, February 3, 2018

Deadly Disguise by Cherie O'Boyle #BookReview #CozyMystery @CheOBoyle @Joni2345zb

 
Deadly Disguise by Cherie O'Boyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Details
Publisher: Cherie O'Boyle, 215 pages
Publish Date:February 7, 2017 
Genre:Cozy Mystery



Blurb from Goodreads
...bodies falling... Estela Nogales is caught in the middle when the perfect murder sets off chaos during final exams week. Together with Detective Munoz, who is stymied by the lack of evidence and witnesses scattering for the summer, Estela must use her acute powers of observation to help identify the killer. One calamity after another disrupts the investigation, and Estela is pursued at every turn by the mysterious figure in the hat, even home to Arroyo Loco where a fresh set of crises are unleashed.


My Review
Fans will enjoy this newest installment, book number four of the Estela Nogales Mystery series. Deadly Disguise by Cherie O’Boyle is a cleverly written cozy mystery that hooked me right from the start.

The story takes place in a neat little community called Arroyo Loco, in the hills east of Morro Bay, California. The explanation regarding how the name Arroyo Loco came about is hilarious. The main character is Estela Nogales, Ph.D who works at a college as a counselor and instructor. The story is told in her point of view. Estela owns two Border Collie therapy dogs named Scout and Shiner. The two dogs also moonlight on a sheep farm herding you guessed it…sheep!

I loved many of Estela’s quirky neighbors. The interaction and dialogue between the characters was spot-on. Helen was one of my favorites because she was soooo annoying and inappropriate but in a funny way. There were many laugh-out-loud moments for me including this one:
 
Helen was supposed to be inside comforting Freda, but as I approached I could hear Freda screeching. Helen’s presence can sometimes have that effect on people.

The author was able to keep me guessing who-dun-it until the end. I would definitely read more from Cherie O’Boyle and recommend this book to anyone who loves a good cozy mystery mixed with some humor and of course the Border Collies. I loved it! Five out of five stars for Deadly Disguise!!!

Thank you Cherie O’Boyle and Cozy Mystery Review Crew for providing me with a review copy of this book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment