Monday, July 13, 2020

Salem's Lot by #StephenKing #Horror #Fiction #Fantasy #Vampires #BookReview

Salem's Lot
by Stephen King

Publication: October 17, 1975 

451 Pages

Genre: Horror, Fiction, Fantasy, Vampires


4 🌠🌠🌠🌠

I continue on my quest of reading Stephen King’s books in chronological order. I thought I had read Salem’s Lot as a kid but after starting it I didn’t remember anything about it.

I don’t think I am giving anything away by sharing this is a book about vampires. And by vampires, I don’t mean the sexy sparkly ones from other books. The vampires in this book are freakin’ SCARY!!

I like to read in the evening sitting on my porch which I tried ONCE with this book...let’s just say I didn’t stay out there very long. Funny how your mind starts to play tricks on you when you read scary stories. Going inside gave me a protective feeling but I doubt my little door could stop a determined vampire lol. Anyway...to me this book was pretty scary.

King introduces many characters and at times I was saying, “Now which one was this?” But after reading a little more I would figure it out. I liked how the author would share the townspeople’s secrets (some big/some small). I really have no complaints about the book other than trying to keep up with all the characters but it still worked for me. I give Salem’s Lot 4 🌠🌠🌠🌠!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment