Thursday, June 25, 2020

#Carrie by Stephen King #Horror #Thriller #Paranormal

Carrie
by Stephen King

Publication Date: April 5, 1974
Doubleday Books

199 Pages

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Paranormal

I first read Carrie as a kid many many years ago. It's funny how you read things as an adult and get such a different feeling from a book. Stephen King has always been one of my favorite authors of all time, but as I grew older my tastes in books had changed. I was on a strictly crime fiction reading regimen for the past several years and began to get bored as it seemed almost all the books were sounding the same. So I decided awhile back to go back to my roots so to speak and start reading/rereading genres I had enjoyed in the past. And boy, I am so glad I did! Now I'm reading a lot of fantasy and horror and almost makes me feel like a kid again. I'm getting excited now to begin reading a new book or series which is something I have been missing for some time. Soooooo.... I decided to start reading Stephen King books in chronological order which brings me to this review.

Reading Carries as an adult made me think a lot more about how we treat people. It also brought back some not so good memories of my childhood where certain kids were always the ones being picked on and bullied. I'm ashamed to say that as a kid I rarely had the courage to take up for these poor kids. I did however raise my own kids to do what their mom didn't. I would like to believe I did a good job doing that as my kids do speak up and step in when they see someone being mistreated.

I loved rereading Carrie because there were so many things that I had forgotten. I can barely remember things that happened yesterday let alone things that I read over 30 years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and am excited to keep going with more King books and have even begun starting a Stephen King hardcover collection. I know some complain about King books with bad endings but in my opinion Carries wasn't one of them. The ending to me in this one was great. I would recommend reading Carrie. 4 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment