Saturday, April 28, 2018

#BlogBlitz for Under The Woods by K.A. Richardson @Bloodhoundbook @KerryAnn77 #BookReview @Joni2345zb #CrimeThriller

Excited to be taking part in the #BlogBlitz for Under The Woods by K.A. Richardson and published by Bloodhound Books. Be sure to check out what other bloggers are saying!


Book Details
Title: Under The Woods
Author: K.A. Richardson
Publisher: Bloodhound Books
Publication Date: April 27, 2018


When a homeless woman, Cheryl Whiffen, hears voices in her head telling her to do bad things, she can’t help but obey.
But when Cheryl becomes the victim of a serial killer who is collecting angels, this time the voices can’t help her. She is deemed not worthy of being an angel and the killer has to find another way to dispose of her body.
TJ Tulley has connections in the police force – her brother Jacob is a digital forensic analyst and her soon to be sister-in-law is a CSI. She knows many of their colleagues so when someone breaks into her house at the riding stables she owns, it’s not a surprise when the police dispatch CSI Jackson Doherty.
Is there a link between a suspicious fire at the stables and the serial killer?
As TJ and Doherty get closer to the truth they don’t realise the danger they are in. He is a killer – he’s angry at their investigation and he’ll do just about anything to protect his angels…

My Review
Under The Woods is book #4 of The Forensic Files series and my first K.A. Richardson read. This book is able to be read as a standalone but I definitely want to go back and read the first three books in the series. The prologue piqued my interest right away as the story starts with a sick freak with a woman hostage.
 

The antagonist in the story targets women who he feels won’t be missed and tortures them. He calls them his angels and eventually kills them. The story alternates from the killer’s point of view and TJ, the protagonist. The author provides the reader with some of the killer’s backstory which is not something that you always get to read about. I had narrowed the suspect down to a couple of choices and the identity was revealed fairly early.
 

I really loved this fast paced police thriller. The author was able to keep me on the edge of my seat throughout. Thank you K.A. Richardson and Bloodhound Books for providing me with a copy of this book to read.

Author Bio

My name is Kerry-Ann Richardson (generally known as Kerry) and I write as KA Richardson. I started writing the North East Police series in 2010 when I was working towards my MA Creative Writing – I used the first 15000 words of With Deadly Intent as my dissertation. I passed my MA in 2011 and kept on writing. This all came about from working as a Crime Scene Investigator – I’d always written but when I was a CSI I went to see a psychic, Anthony, and he wanted to know why I wasn’t writing. He reminded me that it was my passion and said he could see me signing in Waterstones in 5 years. That was 5.5 years before my first ever signing in Waterstones so he wasn’t far wrong!

I did the normal things writers do when their book is ready to go out into the world – submitted to agents etc. I got a few nice personal responses back – still saying no but being constructive and polite about it. I approached Darren Laws from Caffeine Nights whilst at a crime festival and he asked to see my work. He agreed to publish With Deadly Intent from there, and once that was out I approached Bloodhound Books as wanted to know if there was any other interest in my novels. Bloodhound came back within 24 hours and offered me a 3 book deal! And I’ve since signed an additional 3 book deal with them which covers the series up to and including book 7! 


Author's Social Media Links
Website 
Facebook 
Amazon 
Twitter: @kerryann77 or @karichardson77
 



No comments:

Post a Comment