Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Company of Demons by Michael Jordan @mjordanauthor @GreenleafBookGr #BookReview #PsychologicalThriller @Joni2345zb

The Company of DemonsThe Company of Demons by Michael Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Details
Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group, 326 pages
Publish Date:January 16, 2018
Genre:Mystery, Thriller, Suspense


The Company of Demons is the debut novel by Michael Jordan. It is a great thriller set in Cleveland, Ohio. I was totally in love with this book. The author was able to draw me in right from the beginning and held my interest throughout. I felt the pace of the book was spot-on. I also thought the ending was good.

The main character, John Coleman, is a lawyer who has a problem with alcohol and cheating on his wife. Needless to say, John Coleman is a flawed character. I really did not like him and can’t say that I ever felt sorry for him even when bad things began to happen to him. Maybe I am mean but I kept thinking, “That’s what you get for being a dog”. If I was supposed to like him later it didn’t work LOL!! An example that really made me dislike him was when he failed to warn/check on his wife and daughter. He instead goes to check in on a woman he had just met and had sex with once?? What a DOG!!! LOL.

The Company of Demons was a great debut novel. Even though I disliked the main character, the story itself was awesome. I am from Ohio and had never heard of the Torso Murderer. It was interesting looking this information up online. I also learned that Eliot Ness (from the Untouchables) later came to Cleveland to work and investigate the Torso Murderer.

I would definitely read more from Michael Jordan and recommend it to anyone who loves a good thriller. Five out of five stars for The Company of Demons!!!

Thank you Michael Jordan, Greenleaf Book Group, and BookishFirst/NetGalley for providing me with an early review copy of this book to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment